The Galley Magic plugin for WordPress automatically parses remote HTML pages and finds the image galleries, copies all full-sized images to a local host, crops the thumbnails and inserts them into your posts or pages as WP galleries. The plugin is very easy to use and it works in both manual and batch import modes. You can use the Gallery Magic plugin right in the visual editor or you can use it to mass import galleries form a raw text dump or a CSV file.
- Non-encrypted source code.
- Unlimited domain license.
- Free lifetime updates.
- Free lifetime support.
- Automatically uploads remote images to your host.
- Automatically crops gallery thumbnails.
- Automatically generates featured images (post thumbnails).
- Works in manual and batch import modes.
- Allows to add more than a single gallery into the same post/page.
- Compatible with any WordPress theme.
- PHP 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL 5.0 or greater
- PHP GD extension
- PHP cURL extension (recommended)
- PHP variable safe_mode must be disabled (if cURL is not installed)
- PHP variable allow_url_fopen must be enabled (if cURL is not installed)
Add a new post or open the existing one and click the “Gallery Magic Shortcode” button (marked with a red square on the picture below).
The “Gallery Magic” popup box will appear. Enter the URL of the HTML page which does contain a gallery you want to copy, then click the “Insert Gallery Magic Shortcode” button.
The gallery_magic shortcode will be inserted into your post. This shortcode can also be endered manually right in the text editor. E.g.:
[gallery_magic url="http://dailypicksandflicks.cohttp://dailypicksandflicks.com/2011/01/11/wtf-kitty-picture-gallery-of-the-week/" featured_image="first" link="file"]
The following parameters are available for the gallery_magic shortcode:
- url: the source gallery URL;
- featured_image: “first”, “last”, “random” or leave it empty if you don’t want to generate featured image at all;
- max_images: max number of images in the gallery (default: all images);
- cols: number of columns in the gallery (default: 4);
- size: specify the image size to use for the thumbnail display. Valid values include “thumbnail”, “medium”, “large”, “full” and any other additional image size that was registered with add_image_size(). The default value is “thumbnail”. The size of the images for “thumbnail”, “medium” and “large” can be configured in WordPress admin panel under Settings > Media.
- link: can be “file” (link directly to image file), “none” (no link) or leave it empty if you want to link it to the attachment’s permalink.
Now simple save or update the post and Vualá, your gallery is here:
Batch Import Mode
This mode is very useful for importing a bunch of galleries from a plain text dump (e.g. CSV). Simple copy/paste your dump, set the formatting rules, adjust the post scheduler options and click the import button.
Please make sure to enter the correct email. It will be used for sending you the download info and for notification about new releases and services.
This will never be given to any third party (other than the credit card authorization processor 2Checkout.com Inc.)
Your order will be processed within 24 hours.
If you won’t receive the download and activation info within 24 hours, check your email spam box. If the email is there, please make sure to mark it as “not a spam”.
2Checkout.com Inc. (Ohio, USA) is a payment facilitator for goods and services provided by CyberSEO.